Navi Gill is a Holistic Wellness educator, Ayurvedic Therapist, bodyworker, Lifestyle Consultant, and a Certified Yoga Teacher and Life Skills Coach. Her journey began as a child when she found herself immersed in books on healing, travel, astronomy, and nature, and began creating herbal remedies in her mother’s kitchen. Her curiosity to regain her family's indigenous healing practices took her back to India, allowing her to find her spiritual path and Ayurveda. It has become her dharma to explore the efforts of generations before her and offer the teachings authentically to those in search of light. When she is not in Vancouver, BC teaching, consulting, and manifesting light, she is globe trekking. Most likely in India with a spicy cup of chai, where she finds the flowers of her soul to grow most beautiful.
In this episode:
- Identifying, reclaiming, and proclaiming our indigenous wisdom's value
- Being descendants bringing our ancestral medicine back to our own people who have been disconnected from it
- The disparity between how indigenous practices of POC are valued when offered by them vs when offered by non-POC
- Colonialism's effect of us doubting our own medicine work, voices, and our place in community
- The transformative power of death and grief creating space for new life
- Mainstream access to knowledge of POC's medicine held primarily by white people
- Using our inner fire with discernment to both create and destroy unapologetically
- Preparing chai as a self-care ritual
You can support the production of this community offering by sharing, rating, or making a donation. Thank you!