Hosted by Lola Venado, this podcast is intended to serve as a connection and support to those whose Medicine stories often go unheard, and to be a platform dedicated to spotlighting and amplifying the underrepresented voices of multi-cultural people of color doing their work in the modern communities of herbalism, magick, or other healing and creative arts. These are stories shared with the intention of community building, cultivating interconnectedness, and honoring the offerings of these folks as the worthy works of resiliency and reclamation that they are.
In this episode:
- Mixed-race folks as bridges between peoples. Reconciling the duality
of oppressor and oppressed.
- Untangling trauma and oppression in every level of existence
including hair, particularly for black women.
- Answering the question: “What are you?”. Fetishizing of mixed-race
- Picking back up the ancestral wisdom that was lost along the way due to
assimilation, persecution, colonization.
- Receiving energy awakenings through injury.
- Giving away of our power to “healers” vs being empowered.
- Self care of saying No, and creating personal body and hair products.
- The Medicine of slowing down our pace within our interactions with
Connect with her: @youngmoon_child, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Wake Up video https://youtu.be/asb7GpkNbS8.
Also mentioned, Life As Ceremony: @life_as_ceremony, lifeasceremony.wixsite.com
Host + Producer Lola Venado: lolavenado.com, @lolavenado
Podcast: branchandbonemedicine.show, @branchandbone
You can support the production of this community offering by sharing, rating, or making a donation. Thank you!