Hosted by Lola Venado, this podcast is intended to serve as a connection and support to those whose Medicine stories often go unheard, and to be a platform dedicated to spotlighting and amplifying the underrepresented voices of multi-cultural people of color doing their work in the modern communities of herbalism, magick, or other healing and creative arts. These are stories shared with the intention of community building, cultivating interconnectedness, and honoring the offerings of these folks as the worthy works of resiliency and reclamation that they are.
In this episode:
- Navigating encounters with others as a Roma/European/Jewish/American Indian queer womxn
- How a koala helped her find her medicine path
- Having a sense of humor in herbalism and magick
- Burden of seriousness on BIPOC having to get it "right" to represent
- Exoticization of Roma folks, use of the word "gypsy"
- What intersectional and inclusive herbalism and magick means
- Boundaries in activism as self-care
Connect with her: wortsandcunning.com, @wortsandcunning.
Also mentioned: Dori Midnight dorilandia.com, @dorimidnight.
Host + Producer Lola Venado: lolavenado.com, @lolavenado
Podcast: branchandbonemedicine.show, @branchandbone
You can support the production of this community offering by sharing, rating, or making a donation. Thank you!