Aysen Farag of Earth Dreams Totems in Toronto, Canada. Aysen, whose name means “Moonlight Reflected on the Water”, is an Egyptian-Sudanese medicine woman, an herbalist, plant spirit worker, and ceremony leader. She was born into a long lineage of indigenous African healers, and has been initiated as a wisdom keeper in the lineage of the Q’ero people from the Andes. She passionately shares her gifts in energy healing, sacred plant medicine, ceremony, and intuitive readings while working with the wisdom gained from various elders and the medicines that have been passed down thru the generations in her family.
In this episode:
- Ancestors visiting through dreams
- Reconciling magic and religion
- Answering the call to honor our ancestral wisdoms
- Realizing how traumas are stored in our bodies
- How letting go of expectations opens space for our true medicine path
- Cultural appreciation vs appropriation
- Use of the words Indigenous and Shaman
- Respecting the psychoactive properties of all plants
You can support the production of this community offering by sharing, rating, or making a donation. Thank you!